Dapchi: NA Hands Over Released 106 girls to Federal Government



Recommended: trending topics you ought not to miss


The Nigerian Army earlier on Wednesday 21st March 2018 formally handed 106 released girls from Boko Haram captivity to Federal Government.

Maj.-Gen. Rogers Nicholas, the Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, presented the released girls to the Minister of Information, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, at the 105 Air Force Composite Command, Maiduguri.

Nicholas explained that 104 of the girls were from the 110 abducted from Government Science and Technical School, Dapchi, released from the insurgents in the early hours of Wednesday.

He said the remaining six abducted schoolgirls were still unaccounted, noting that two other abducted girls who were not part of the abducted students were rescued from the insurgents by troops.

People also read:
Video: Nigerian Army Hands Over Released Dapchi Girls to Federal Goverment.
The theatre commander added that the rescued girls were brought from Dapchi to Maiduguri together with their parents and guardians.

The minister of information said Federal Government adopted proactive measures to secure release of the remaining girls and persons under insurgents’ captivity.

Alhaji Lai Mohammed noted that government was working to end hostilities and enhance peace restoration in the northeast.

The girls’ handover was attended by Minister of Interior, Abdulrahman Dambazau; Minister of State, Foreign Affairs, Khadija Bukar-Abba and Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai.

The released girls, alongside their parents and some aid workers boarded a Nigerian Air Force aircraft en route Abuja at about 18.50 p.m. (NAN)



Related Posts


Share Now!

Comments